Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I Flunked Blogging 101

I flunked Blogging 101. You've probably figured that out since it's been forever since I last posted or visited any blogs.

Well, I'm not accustomed to getting F's, and I don't like to quit. And I'm tired of being an on again off again blogger. So last night, I decided to stop blogging altogether and just publish one final post to bring closure to my feeble attempts at writing.

And then this morning before I left for work, I read some verses from Psalm 52:

I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever. I will praise you forever for what You have done; in Your name I will hope, for Your name is good (8b-9a).

Did you read the part about trusting in God's unfailing love--His really amazing love--that never disappoints us--never leaves us? Did you notice the part about hoping in His name--His good name--His sweet name?

I did.

And while I don't understand why writing is so hard for me right now, I'm not going to ditch this dream.

I'm going to hang on because I really do trust in His unfailing love. I have put my hope in His name. Savior. Prince of Peace. King of Kings. Lord of Lords. Jesus. Giver of Dreams.

post signature

11 comments:

  1. Seasons, Deb. They come, and go, and take us with them whether we asked them to or not.

    Hang on. Do the thing in your rhythm (well, His rhythm, which I tend to think is also yours).

    He has you and your dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be here whenever you post - tomorrow, next week, next month, next year. Basically whenever. Your posts are ones that I particularly treasure and I think I speak for more than just myself. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God has called me to write about my childhood and I have done everything else but write about it, lately. It is much harder than I thought....lots to process!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love what you shared here, Deb. It encouraged me and I need that a lot right now. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you were encouraged not to stop. Your posts are always very uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm afraid I'll have to post something similar to this very shortly. Things just don't seem to be slowing down any, and in many ways are picking up steam. I hate flunking, too, and am hesitant to quit. I love everything about blogging, except the pressure I feel to post. Ugh! So I was glad to hear you say you were gonna hang on. Whatever you feel like saying, and whenever you feel like saying it, I'll be here, reading it. Love and hugs to you, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang on, Deb. And yes, as Lyla said, "Seasons." It's true...we have to acknowledge seasons in our lives. You keep dreaming and writing about it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every time I log into Google and go through my reader and I pass your blog, I think of you and wonder how you are. You do not have to be a "perfect" blogger. You do not have to blog every day. You do what is right for you. I plan on sticking around! Oh, and did I tell you I was so scared there for a moment that you were leaving! I am glad you are going to keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Likel Lyla said - seasons! You'll be back when you have something bursting within you to share - and we will be eager to hear it:) Be blessed in your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Write when it comes and be kind to yourself in the process. It's hard to keep the ink well filled some days... some seasons. I understand. But if you love writing, then write when it comes. We'll all be here to receive.

    Have a blessed day in Jesus!

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. so glad you didn't ditch us. I have been on a parallel journey of not blogging and not blog reading for a LONG time, but I refused to "give" up such a special part of my life for good. I know that things come and go in seasons and right now, as I have more opportunity to "sit and read" while I breastfeed a newborn, I am grateful once again for such a beautiful medium to connect and be blessed by beautiful women such as yourself. Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete