Monday, March 19, 2012

Good to be Back

I've been away from this place for a long time--way too long. I've missed being here. I've missed you. A lot has happened.

Some Fun Things

Like last summer, I spending a month in Miami with my darlin' hub. He worked while I relaxed by the pool. Walked to the beach. Shopped a little or more than. Don't feel too sorry for him, I did some work. You should have seen my tan.

Something Major

Then we came back home. Sold our house. Moved to a different town. Downsized. That part was definately not my idea, but he convinced me it was the right thing to do. And it is. We did some renovating. I haven't finished decorating though, and there's enough yard work to keep him busy for years.

Scary Things

We hadn't finished renovating when I had emergency retina reattachment surgery. Both eyes. Have mercy! But now I can see, read, and drive, and I'm so, so thankful.

Disappointing Things

Like a church writing project. Many hours invested. Not a big return.

A big misunderstanding about my dream between me and the one I love most.

A lack of direction in writing.

And just when I thought there was no hope--and no reason to hope--and that my dream was gone--my loving God did an amazing thing. He showed me that there is hope.

He is my hope.

He will always be my hope.

My hope is in Him.

My hope is in His word.

My hope is not in my dream.

My hope is alive.

My God is alive.

And so is my dream.

"But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in You" Psalm 39:7.

I'm watching for Him. I'm waiting for Him. My hope was there all along. Jesus Christ is my Hope. He will never, ever--ever leave me.

He's way cool like that.

It's good to be back, sweet girl. Way good.

Sweet dreams,

Deb

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I have been checking your blog from time to time. Welcome back xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back. I have missed you. Where did you guys move to? My daughter who teaches in Prattville....sold her house...they are going to become missionaries to Moldova....or I should say that is where God is leading them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb! Thanks for stopping by the other day. I love this post, so beautifully written. I can relalte...I have a dream for writing, but waiting on Him to fill in the blanks. Thank you for sharing your heart, and welcome back. ;)

    ReplyDelete