Sunday, April 24, 2011

What Easter Means to Me

Jesus accepted the punishment for my sins. He took my shame. Was beaten and bruised for me. Wore a crown of thorns on His sweet head. Walked up a mountain with my cross on His shoulders.

He was crucified for me.

He was crucified for the whole world.

He loved us enough to die for us, sweet girl.

He loved us then, and He loves us now.

He is not dead. God the Father raised His One and Only Son from that tomb. My Jesus is alive.

His resurrection means that I can have a relationship with Him--my living, loving Savior.

I can talk to Him and listen to Him and read His word and come into His holy presence. I can give Him thanks and praise. I confess my sins, and He forgives me.

He's coming back for me, and I will live with Him forever!

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in Me. In My Father's house are many rooms, if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with Me that you also may be where I am (John 14: 1-3).

I want more of Him. More, more of Him.

What does Easter mean to you?

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you and your famiiy His resurrection power....Happy Easter Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! What a powerful post. Hope you had a blessed Easter. I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb,
    A powerful post and so true.
    Praise GOD what a Wonderful Savior.
    I love you,
    Next to Big Sis

    ReplyDelete