Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Direction

"Turn right. Turn right." My GPS talks to me. But I can't turn right. I'm in the left lane, trying to work my way over. Too much traffic. No one will let me in. Absolutely no one. The GPS tries again. "Turn right, Now." I'd love to turn right now. I can't. "Turn Right! TURN RIGHT NOW!" I know I hear an attitude in her automated voice. I miss the exit. I have a lousy sense of direction. Still, I'm somewhat skeptical about trusting this sassy little device. Much prefer to have someone--my darling husband, for example--to sit beside me and help me to find my way. Or even better, chauffeur me to my destination. Sometimes, I find that it's just as hard for me to trust God and to follow His directions as it is for me to trust the gadget in my car. Is God reliable? Can I trust Him to get me to where He's called me to go? Yes! We can rely on God. His knowledge. His wisdom. His plan. His way. His word. Yes! We can trust God. His love for us. That He knows when we go out and when we come back in. He knows us. When we sit. When we stand. He knows exactly what He's called us to do and where He wants us to go. God doesn't give bad directions. David writes, "As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the the Lord is flawless," (2 Samuel 22: 31a). He won't lead us down a road that He can't handle. We learn this truth daily as we read His word. Study His word. Meditate on His word. Our God is perfect. Holy. Righteous. Just. He does not disapoint. When we miss our exit or turn or way, He goes to the ends of the earth to find us. When we trust God's way and God's. word, we will be like the people about whom Isaiah refers. "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "'This is the way; walk in it'" (30:21). He will get us to our destination. Sweet dreams, Deb

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your GPS, I mean words of guidance and direction. I agree, without the road map (Bible) and the navigator (Jesus) we'd all be eternally lost.

    Ok, study break over...back at the books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've traveled a long way with Jesus over the years. There have been a lot of detours, missed turns, and flat out "I think I'll try this shortcut, God" along the way.

    Still and yet, God's faithfulness and faultless approach to my life never changes. He's consistent and always has my best interest in mind. And that, my friend, is always him!

    Thanks for visiting the blog. Continue to follow the dream that God has placed in your heart. I'll do the same.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brook,

    Hope that you enjoy your weekend...take some time away from books and research papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elaine,

    I enjoyed visiting your blog. Thanks for checking out mine.

    We serve an incredible God! Loving. Faithful. Forgiving. He knows where He wants to take us. Following in His footsteps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everytime I read this, I feel like I know you a little bit better. These are beautiful, and, once again, you have touched my heart. See you soon!

    Leigh

    ReplyDelete